It is a wonderful idea _________________________ under the People' s Square.
We can't think of ____________ only on Teachers' Day.
3·他所钦佩的人不是歌手或演员，而是献身于科学的科学家。(not…but) The people _______________________are ____________________________the scientists who are devoted to science.
Only when he ___________ did he really realize his father's love for him.
________________the football of China, most of the football fans love and hate it.
6·一个人不可能一辈子不犯错误，但要尽量少犯错误。(as…as possible) It is impossible for a person____________________________, but he should make ________________________________.
He thinks (that) the people ____________________are the happiest __________ in the world.
8·使我惊讶的是，在北欧地区几乎每个人都会一、两种外语。(amazement) _______________________, nearly everybody ____________________can speak one or two foreign languages.
Every time he hears this song, almost everything ______________ will ________to him.
You ___________ find something important until you have lost it.
The Chinese government has decided to____________________________ to those who are suffering from AIDS.
12·任何生产像劣质奶粉这样害人的产品的人必须受到法律的惩罚。(produce) Anyone who (has) produced such harmful products as milk powder of poor quality ____________________________.
I doubt ___________on earth there is any medicine that makes people clever in the world.
____________________________how long the Iraq War will last.
____________________________________________ has greatly affected the world economy.
Do you find/ think ______________sensible for young people to borrow money to buy cars?
I _______________ the disabled athletes who (have) won honour for our country.
_______________terrorism exists, there will be ________________in the world.
To my great anger, some bosses often make the workers from the countryside________________________.
Who will ____________________ from now on if everybody wants to be a white-collar worker?
23·越来越多的人希望在假期里亲近大自然。(be close to)
34·老人们最需要的是自己的孩子多关心他们。(show concern to)
21. I think there will be a day when digital cameras will substitute for traditional ones.
( Or: I think digital cameras will substitute for traditional ones one day.)
22. Twenty years ago, nobody could expect that air-conditioners would be popular with the families in Shanghai.
23. More and more people hope to be close to nature during the holidays.
24. Nowadays many small satellites are named after the people who have made outstanding contributions to the society.
25. That some young people are wandering in the society all day has become a serious social problem.
26. The old scientist appealed that the government should take measures to protect that old town.
27. The South Korean government encourages people to buy the cars and domestic appliances produced by native companies.
28. Never can we forget the disasters which Japanese invader brought to the Chinese people during the Second World War.
29. To my surprise, the machine which was made sixty years ago is still in use in this factory.
30. Every consumer should know how to protect his own legal rights.
31. It is harmful to people's health to take in too much salt and sugar every day.
(Or: If you take in too much salt and sugar every day, it is harmful to your health.)
32. Only after he (had) suffered from a serious disease did his grandfather make up his mind to give up smoking.
33. The reason why more and more restaurants exist is that many people won't / are not willing to do cooking by themselves after a day's hard work.
34. What the old need most is that their children show much concern to them.
35. Besides textbooks, students should read a variety of books more often in their spare time.
36. Do you think television has become an essential part of people's daily life?
37. It is estimated that there will be an extreme lack of electricity in many areas in China in the summer next year.
38. Obviously more and more Americans begin/ are beginning to worry about their own safety.
39. It is difficult for the people from Guangzhou to adapt themselves/ be adapted to the climate of the north, especially in winter.
40. The wrinkles in the face of the grey-haired old man shows that he has suffered a lot in his life.
1. It is a wonderful idea to build a transportation center under the People's Square.
2. We can't think of respecting teachers only on Teachers' Day.
3. The people whom he admires are not singers or actors but the scientists who are devoted to science.
4. Only when he became an adult did he really realize his father's love for him.
5. Talking of the football of China, most of the football fans love and hate it.
6. It is impossible for a person not to make any mistakes, but he should make as few mistakes as possible.
7. He thinks (that) the people who bring happiness to the others are the happiest ones in the world.
8. To my amazement, nearly everybody in the areas of Northern Europe can speak one or two foreign languages.
9. Every time he hears this song, almost everything in his hometown will occur to him.
10. You won't find something important until you have lost it.
11. The Chinese government has decided to provide medicines free to those who are suffering from AIDS.
12. Anyone who (has) produced such harmful products as milk powder of poor quality must be punished by law.
13. I doubt whether on earth there is any medicine that makes people clever in the world.
14. It is hard to estimate how long the Iraq War will last.
15. That the prices of oil went up/ rose rapidly has greatly affected the world economy.
16. Do you find/ think it sensible for young people to borrow money to buy cars?
17. I admire the disabled athletes who (have) won honour for our country.
18. As long as terrorism exists, there will be no peace in the world.
19. To my great anger, some bosses often make the workers from the countryside work day and night.
20. Who will do physical work from now on if everybody wants to be a white-collar worker?
错误的句子 ：in a throw-away society, people are not satisfied with bare necessities any more.
错误1：throw-away society 这个词伙不对。
错误2：not … any more 一般是形容量的东西，而no longer强调动作的持续。
正确的句子：in the consumer society, people are no longer satisfied with bare necessities.
错误的句子 ：The impact on people's cultural level from computer, varies between ages. 错误1：cultural level 表达不对。
错误2：varies between ages表达不对。
错误3：the impact from the computer表达不对。
正确的句子：The impact of computers on literacy skills varies across ages.
句子结构：主语（impact）+不及物动词 （varies）；“of computers on literacy skills”都是定语
拓展的句子(使用并列句)： The impact of computers on literacy skills varies across ages and teachers have mixed feelings on the usage of computers.
错误的句子 ：Medias exaggerate the hurt of victims to attract public attentions. 错误1：Media本身就是复数。
正确的句子：The media attracts public attention by sensationalising victims’ suffering.
句子结构：主语（the media）+及物动词 (attracts)+宾语 (attention)；“by+ …”方式状语
拓展的句子：The media attracts public attention by sensationalising victims’ suffering, while ignore harmful consequences bring to them, such as their exposure to the public.
正确的句子：The media attracts public attention by sensationalising victims’ suffering, while ignoring harmful consequences to these individuals, such as their exposure to the public. 中文翻译：媒体通过夸大受害者的伤痛去吸引观众，而忽视对这些观众的有害结果，比如将他们在公众面前曝光。
错误的句子 ：Unhealthy lifestyle is the result of trend to rely on science and technology. 错误1：Unhealthy lifestyle 是可数名词，需要加冠词
错误2：“trend toward doing something”还有“tendency to do something”
正确的句子：People’s unhealthy lifestyle is the result of their tendency to rely heavily on technology.
主语（unhealthy lifestyle）+系动词（is）+表语 （the result）; “of…”全是定语
拓展的句子：People’s unhealthy lifestyle is the result of their tendency to rely heavily on technology, because this makes their lives more convenience.
错误2：because引导的原因状语从句不清晰，到底是解释unhealthy lifestyle，还是解释rely heavily on technology？
正确的句子：People’s unhealthy lifestyle is the result of their tendency to rely heavily on technology, despite the fact that technology has made their lives convenient and improved their lives significantly.
错误的句子 ：The reason which cause increasely number of community crimes in society is poverty.
错误1：reason which cause， 从句的主谓不一致，而且搭配不好
正确的句子： Poverty is responsible for the crime wave in many communities.
拓展的句子： Because of low-cost carriers, the aviation industry has developed at an astounding pace over the past decades, that means people's traveling will become more convenience and safety.
错误 1： 一般来说是 this means that
错误 2：become 是系动词，后面加形容词去修饰主语。
错误 3：safety 和前面 low –cost carriers 没什么联系。
正确的句子：Because of low-cost carriers, the aviation industry has developed at an
astounding pace over the past decades, and this means that people are tempted to travel more frequently than before.
错误的句子 ：The airline has sharp development in recent decades, with the cost decline. 错误1：in recent decades一般要用现在完成时态，这句话没有
错误2：“has sharp development”表达比较别扭
正确的句子：Because of low-cost carriers, the aviation industry has developed at an astounding pace over the past decades.
主语（the aviation industry）+不及物动词(developed); “Because of low-cost carriers” 原因状语；“over the past decades”时间状语； “at an astounding pace”程度状语
错误的句子 ：Hunting illegally leads to the extinct of species, as well as, biodiversity is deteriorated.
错误2：as well as 后面一般加名词，动名词，或者是比较状语从句的分句，很少加完整的句子。
正确的句子：Illegal hunting leads to extinction of some species and the loss of biodiversity. 主语（Illegal hunting）+及物动词（leads to）+宾语（extinction）
错误的句子 ：Animal experiment is occasionally unable to examine drugs side effects. 错误1：Animal experiment 可数名词，要加负数
错误3：drugs side effects 没有使用所有格
正确的句子：Animal experiments fail to detect the undesirable side effects of drugs.
错误的句子：The invention of electric vehicles is a part of our efforts aiming at preserving the environment.
错误2：“effort to do something”更为通顺，在这里
正确的句子：The invention of electric vehicles is part of our effort to sustain the
主语（The invention of electric vehicles）+系动词（is）+表语 （part ）; “of…”全是定语
拓展的句子：The invention of electric vehicles is part of our effort to sustain the
environment, because electric vehicles do not conduct exhaust emission, compared with fossil fuel motors
错误2：conduct exhaust emission搭配问题
错误3：fossil fuel motors用词不好，MOTOR是马达的意思。
正确的句子：The invention of electric vehicles is part of our effort to sustain the
environment because these vehicles create less exhaust fumes than conventional cars. 中文翻译：电子汽车的发明是我们维护环境所做努力的其中一部分，因为这些汽车比传统汽车产生较少的废气。
错误的句子：Sometimes, it is difficult to evaluate the environmental costs of people’s behaviors.
正确的句子：Sometimes, it is difficult to evaluate the environmental cost of human activities.
主语(it)+ 系动词（is）+表语 （difficult）；而“to evaluate the environmental cost of human activities”不定式充当形式主语。
拓展的句子：Sometimes, although it is difficult to evaluate the environmental cost of human activities, there is a necessity for the government enacting legislations to restrict some behaviors , which can also arise people's concern about environmental degradation. 错误1：there is a necessity for 别扭
正确的句子：Sometimes, although it is difficult to evaluate the environmental cost of human activities, it is necessary to enact laws to restrict some behaviours.
错误的句子：Compulsory retirement age will be abolished, and the reason is attributed to population aging and urban.
错误2：reason is attributed to 这个搭配不好
正确的句子：the ageing population has prompted countries to raise the statutory retirement age.
句子结构：主语(ageing population)+及物动词(prompt)+宾语(countries)+宾语补足语(to raise…)
拓展的句子：The ageing population leads to a shortage of skillful workers, a problem which has promote countries to raise the statutory retirement age.
错误：应该是skilled workers. Skillful表示人们做某事的时候所展示的技艺娴熟
正确的句子：The ageing population leads to a shortage of highly skilled workers, a problem which has prompted countries to raise the statutory retirement age.
错误的句子：Schools should allow teachers to make the children with disruptive behaviours go out of classrooms.
错误：children with disruptive behaviours 略显罗嗦
正确的句子：Teachers should be permitted to use force to remove disruptive children from the classroom.
原句：Schools should permit teachers to use force to remove disruptive children from the classroom.
句子结构：主语（schools）+及物动词(permit)+宾语(teachers)+宾语补足语 (to use force…)
错误的句子：Many people think that they are necessary to chaes after fashion.
正确的句子：Many people consider it necessary to follow fashion.
句子结构：主语（many people）+及物动词(consider)+形式宾语(it)+宾语补足语 (necessary)； 真正的宾语是to follow fashion.
一，直译(直接翻译)： 这种翻译方法就是力求把每个单词都翻译出来，然后把每个单词的汉语意思再连起来，这样就组成了整个句子的翻译。 例：My name is Lucy. 每个单词的意思：My(我的); name(名字); is(是); Lucy(露西)。 所以，My name is Lucy. 翻译成：我的名字是露西。
二，翻译出大部分单词的意思： 直接看例子：Do you like English ? 每个单词的意思：Do(助动词) ;you(你) ;like(喜欢); English(英语) 所以， Do you like English ? 翻译成：你喜欢英语吗? 在这个句子中，我们发现Do这个单词似乎翻译成什么都不合适，在这个句子中Do是一个助动词，助动词是帮助其他动词构成疑问句或者否定句，它本身并没有什么意思，所以以后我们在翻译的时候，不要觉得有些单词没有翻译出来就是错的。我们常见的一些不需要翻译出来的词包括，助动词do或者does,定冠词the等等。
三，简略翻译： 有些句子看似很长，但是翻译的时候我们只需要根据前文的意思简单的翻译一下就可以了。 例：What's your favorite subject? 你最喜欢的学科是什么? 翻译：My favorite subject is English. 每个单词的意思是：My(我的);favorite(最喜欢的);subject(学
科);is(是);English(英语)。 翻译的时候我们可以根据前面的问句把句子My favorite subject is English直接翻译成：英语。(它所表达的意思就是：我最喜欢的学科是英语)
If we can only encounter each other rather than stay with each other,then I wish we had never encountered.
I would like weeping with the smile rather than repenting with the cry, when my heart is broken, is it needed to fix?
No one indebted for others, while many people don't know how to cherish others.
You will have it if it belongs to you, whereas you don't kvetch for it if it doesn't appear in your life.
When a cigarette falls in love with a match, it is destined to be hurt.
Love ,promised between the fingers
Finger rift, twisted in the love
No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won?t make you cry.
Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten. Alter what is changeable, and accept what is unchangeable.
Love is like a butterfly. It goes where it pleases and it pleases where it goes. 爱情就像一只蝴蝶，它喜欢飞到哪里，就把欢乐带到哪里。
If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.
假如每次想起你我都会得到一朵鲜花，那么我将永远在花丛中徜徉。 Within you I lose myself, without you I find myself wanting to be lost again.
At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.
Look into my eyes - you will see what you mean to me.
Distance makes the hearts grow fonder.
I need him like I need the air to breathe.
If equal affection cannot be, let the more loving be me.
Love is a vine that grows into our hearts.
If I know what love is, it is because of you.
Love is the greatest refreshment in life.
Love never dies.
The darkness is no darkness with thee.
We cease loving ourselves if no one loves us.
There is no remedy for love but to love more.
When love is not madness, it is not love.
A heart that loves is always young.
Love is blind.
1.A bad workman always blames his tools. 拙匠总怪工具差。
2.A contented mind is a perpetual feast. 知足长乐。
3.A good beginning is half the battle. 好的开端等于成功一半。
4.A little pot is soon hot. 壶小易热，量小易怒。
5.All lay loads on a willing horse. 好马重负。
6.A merry heart goes all the way. 心情愉快，万事顺利 。
7.Bad excuses are worse than none. 狡辩比不辩护还糟 。
8.Character is the first and last word in the success circle.
9.Cleanliness is next to godliness. 整洁近于美德 。
10.Courtesy costs nothing. 彬彬有礼，惠而不费 。
11.Doing nothing is doing ill. 无所事事，必干坏事。
12.Early to bed, early to rise, make a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.睡得早，起得早，聪明、富裕、身体好 。
13.Empty vessels make the most noise. 满瓶子不响，半瓶子晃荡 。
14.Every man hath his weak side. 人皆有弱点 。
15.Everything ought to be beautiful in a human being: face, dress, soul and idea. 人的一切都应当是美丽的：容貌、衣着、心灵和思想。
16.Extremes are dangerous. 凡事走向极端是危险的 。
17.Good advice is harsh to the ear. 忠言逆耳 。
18.Grasp all, lose all. 欲尽得，必尽失 。
19.Great hopes make great men. 伟大的理想造就伟大的人物。
20.Handsome is he who does handsomely. 行为美者才真美。
21.Have but few friends, though many acquaintances. 结交可广，知己宜少。
22.Hear all parties.兼听则明，偏听则暗 。
23.He is a wise man who speaks little. 智者寡言。
24.He is not laughed at that laughs at himself first.有自知之明者被人尊敬。
25.He is rich enough that wants nothing.无欲者最富有，贪欲者最贫穷。
26.He is truly happy who makes others happy.使他人幸福的人，是真正的幸福。
27.Honesty is the best policy. 诚实乃上策。
28.Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.?? 抱最好的希望，作最坏的准备 。
29.Idleness is the root of all evil. 懒惰是万恶之源 。
30.If we dream, everything is possible. 敢于梦想，一切都将成为可能。
31.Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are flowers and kind deeds are the fruits.仁慈的心田是花园，崇高的思想是根茎，友善的言语是花朵，良好的行为是果实。
32.Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep lone.欢笑，整个世界伴你欢笑。哭泣，只有你独自向隅而泣 。
33.Life is measured by thought and action not by time.衡量生命的尺度是思想和行为，而不是时间。
34.Life is not all beer and skittles. 人生并非尽是乐事 。
35.Long absent, soon forgotten. 别久情疏 。
36.Look before you leap. 三思而后行 。
37.Lookers-on see most of the game. 旁观者清，当局者迷。
38.Manners make the man.观其待人而知其人 。
39.Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends. 患难识知交。
40.No cross, no crown.没有苦难，就没有快乐 。
41.Nobody's enemy but his own. 自寻苦恼 。
42.One man's fault is another man's lesson. 前车之覆，后车之鉴 。
43.Pardon all men, but never thyself. 严以律已，宽以待人。
44.Reason is the guide and light of life. 理智是人生的灯塔 。
45.Sadness and gladness succeed one another. 乐极生悲，苦尽甘来 。
46.Still waters run deep.流静水深，人静心深 。
47.The fire is the test of gold; adversity of strong men. 烈火炼真金，逆境炼壮士 。
48.The fox may grow grey, but never good. 江山易改，本性难移 。
49.The more a man learns, the more he sees his ignorance. 知识越广博，越感已无知 。
50.Virtue is a jewel of great price. 美德是无价之宝 。
51.Weak things united become strong. 一根筷子易折断，十根筷子硬如铁 。
52.We can't judge a person by what he says but by what he does.判断一个人，不听言语看行动 。
53.Where there is a will there is a way. 有志者，事竟成 。
54.Will is power. 意志就是力量 。
55.Wise men are silent; fools talk. 智者沉默寡言，愚者滔滔不绝 。
56.Wise men learn by others' harm, fools by their own.智者以他人挫折为鉴，愚者必自身碰壁方知觉。
Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten. Alter what is changeable, and accept what is mutable.
“You couldn?t see my tears cause I am in the water.” Fish said to water.
“But I could feel your tears cause you are in my heart.” Answered water.
Your life only lasts for a few decades, so be sure that you don't leave any regrets. Laugh or cry as you like, and it?s meaningless to oppress yourself.
4． 生命中，不断地有人进入或离开。于是，看见的，看不见了；记住的，遗忘了。生命中，不断地有得到和失落。于是，看不见的，看见了；遗忘的，记住了。然而，看不见的，是不是就等于不存在？记住的，是不是永远不会消失？ There is someone that is coming or passing away in your life around the clock, so you
12．她脸色显得很焦急，因为她妈妈已病了些时候了。 13．中华人民共和国成立于1949年10月1日。 .
16．为了将来更好地为人民服务，我们学习非常刻苦。 17．据说城里又建造了一所医院。 .
43．使我吃惊的是，最后他考试及格了。 44．我已经提醒他要提防这个人。 ．
1. Next time you should come here earlier. 2. You'd better not go swimming alone.
3. Let's discuss the difficult problem now. 4. The box is too heavy for the boy to carry.
5. Every day it takes my father one and a half hours ( one hour and a half) to go to work.
6. Look! There is an old man under the tree watching the children playing games.
7. I found it very difficult to answer the question.
8. Though they were neither very tall nor very strong, they were a good team.
9. How are you getting along (on) with your English study?
10. The train had left when we got to the railway station.
11. The old man has been an English teacher for more than thirty years.
12. She looks worried because her mother has been ill for some time.
13. The People's Republic of China was founded on Oct 1st, 1949.
14. If you can't understand the text, you may ask your teacher for help.
15. What's the difference between these two languages?
16. We work hard at our study so that we can serve the people in the future.
17. It is said that another hospital has been built in the city
18. It is said that there will be a class meeting this afternoon, but you'd better make sure
19. She preferred to go with us rather than stay at home
20. On Sundays I prefer reading to playing
21. The new star was discovered by a Chinese scientist
22. He gave us a useful piece of information
23. Please bring me two bottles of milk at once
24. You'd better not play football in the street .
25. Has he been sent to work in Tibet?
26. Great changes have been made in education.
27. Don't laugh at those who are in trouble．
28. Would you mind if I shut the window?
29. After he finished his homework, he went on to write to his parents
30. It took him three weeks to finish reading the book
31.. Don't watch TV in bed．It's bad for your eyes
32. After that I was no longer a student
33. My friend is famous for his singing
34. The more you eat, the fatter you will be．
35. I knew nothing about it until he told me
36. Could you tell me how long it takes by train from Shanghai to Beijing
37. What's the price of a one-way ticket from Beijing to Shanghai?
38. I can speak not only English but also French as well ．
39. He told us such funny stories that we all laughed
40. They were amazed at the changes in that city．
41. They thought highly of your work
42. Today people still do the same thing to each other
43. To my surprise, he passed the exam at last．
44. I've warned him about the man.
45. Football fans are busy watching the World Cup
46. We are asked to keep our classroom clean and quiet by the teacher
47. Children had better not play computer games too much
48. We are sure that China will be even better tomorrow
49. Something must be done to stop this kind of accident from happening again．
50. The mountain is less dangerous than you think．
51. You must be more careful from now on.
52. I think this novel is one of the best I've read
53. Even though he is no longer alive, his spirit lives on．
54. He thinks more of others than himself
55. They worked hard so that they could finish the work soon
56. Make sure all the machines are (must be) shut down when you leave
57. The mountain is covered with snow all year round
58. I heard that t wo-thirds of the work has been finished
59. He didn't know why his mother was angry with him
60. My uncle used to be a driver,but now he is a doctor．
61. Don't worry．You will find your bike sooner or later
62. He is proud of finishing such hard work in an hour．
63. The workers have built three bridges over the river so far．
64. This kind of cup is used for drinking wine
65. Dinosaurs lived on the earth for more than 150 million years．
66. English is used as a useful working language in the world．
67. Most of rice is grown in the south．
68. Man-made satellites have been set up into space by many countries．
69. Can you tell me where he is living now ?
70. He can speak not only English but also French
71. The cars on show are made in China
72. I hope that you can get on well with your classmates
73. It is raining heavily．I have to stay here until it stops
74. No matter what he says，I don't believe him．
75. It takes my mother an hour to do the cleaning every day．
76. The Great Wall is known by the people all over the world
77. He said that he had taken many photos
78. My father used to be a basketball player, but now he's a coach．
79. Mr Zhang often speaks highly of his son in public．
80. Could/Would you please teach me how to search the Internet?
81. I don't think the work can be done in two days．
82. Her parents told him not to go out alone at night
83. I prefer/preferred to buy a new computer rather than buy a used one．
84. The headteacher speaks/spoke highly of our English teacher
85. Old people deserve to be respected
86. When I got to the checkout．I realized (that) I had left my wallet/purse at home
87. Mrs Zhang tells/told us not to be nervous in the exam.
88. I am not sure whether/if it is going to rain．